The choir meets every Wednesday evening during term time from 6.30 – 9.00 pm at Tall Trees Community Centre, Ilchester.
All abilities are welcome and no audition is required, the more the merrier! We just ask that you have a connection to military from one of these options:
- Wife, fiancée or cohabiting partner of serving British armed forces personnel
- Serving or retired British military personnel
- Immediate family of serving British armed forces personnel i.e. mother, sister or daughter
- Wife, fiancée or co-habiting partner of veteran British armed forces personnel
- Wife, fiancée or co-habiting partner of serving non-British armed forces personnel on UK postings
- Civilian employees employed within the military community who provide a direct service to aid the welfare of serving military personnel and their families
Yeovilton is a very popular choir and we operate a two-tier system: dependents and non-dependents. Dependents are wives or partners of serving personnel and we will always make room for you immediately to help you settle in to your new posting as easily as possible.
Non-dependents are just as welcome to join us (and indeed make up approximately 40% of our choir) but it is likely you will be added to a waiting list. However, we will keep in regular contact with you about this and inform you as soon as a place becomes available.
'TRY BEFORE YOU APPLY'
All eligible choir members are welcome to come and join us in rehearsals for a free ‘taster session’ before having to decide whether or not they want to commit to being a regular choir member. Just email the Membership Team and we will co-ordinate with you.
If you enjoy your taster session and would like to join the choir, subs are £10 per month payable via standing order from the first of the month, or £3 per week (via BACS) while we wait for the first of the month to commence. You will be given your own music folder which remains the property of YMWC and access to online resources to find teaching tracks to help you learn the songs. Please note that the choir sings off-folder for events.
Please also note that we do usually break for half term and the end of terms but if we have events coming up quickly on our return, we will sometimes arrange for extra rehearsals during this time. We do, however, appreciate that not everyone can attend these so you are not under any pressure to attend.
For further membership information, please email our Membership Team firstname.lastname@example.orgRehearsal